12.04.2009

Adventures of a gallery monitor

A guy came into the museum today with earphones on. He proceeded into the main gallery and I went in after him for monitoring purposes. He spontaneously began to ramble loudly in an aggressive yet monotonous tone that echoed throughout the gallery space. My intuition told me that he was a crazy person. Soon, however, I realized that he was singing along to a song, seemingly of the metal genre. I put on a friendly smile as if to say, "I'm not judgmental in any way and appreciate all types of unusual behaviour." But as he passed me by he gave me a sideways glance and a half-smile as if to say, "I WILL succeed in creeping you out." And he did.

I think some people derive perverse satisfaction from creeping out other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment