12.13.2009

A point of concern

It was revealed during a game at last night's Christmas party that many people think that I am very concerned about clothing. I was a bit embarrassed. I'm somewhat uncomfortable with being perceived in this way because I don't want to be regarded as materialistic or superficial. I am not saying that I think people see me in this way or even that anyone thinks about it, but it does tend to be a subconscious association. There isn't really anything I can do about what other people think about me in this regard; nevertheless, it is a point of concern from time to time.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think being conscious of one's personal style and following the fashion world necessarily equates to being materialistic and/or superficial. In your case, I definitely don't think those two adjectives apply. Creating an outer you that's reflective of the inner you is not only not a bad thing, but necessary; it's how you present yourself to the world - why wouldn't you want to look your best? Besides, you are creative and thrifty with your outfits; you are not greedily amassing clothes and accessories like there's going to be a draught (like me perhaps). And I have never known you to judge others based on appearance alone. In fact, you've developed such a unique personal style that it most likely makes you more open-minded to the personal styles of others. You enjoy clothing and fashion, and I don't see anything here to be embarrassed or concerned about at all.

    ReplyDelete