2.03.2009

The source of my pain

Soy can cause headaches because it contains tyramine, which is "a natural headache trigger" (NPR). Why a natural headache trigger exists in the first place is an important question. 

The point is that if I had been aware of this fact, or, in other words, if there were warning labels on soy products addressing this potential side effect, I would have vigilantly monitored my soy consumption. But here I am now, foolishly suffering from a persistent, dull headache and an inability to focus on working.

3 comments:

  1. Does this mean that soy is dangerous?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I don't think soy is dangerous; apparently study results have been inconclusive. I think I'm just going to avoid the soy products that give me a headache.

    Is it a film worth watching?

    ReplyDelete